ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q. Address Issue

Hello Sir/Maam
One of my friend (female) got mutual divorce with child(girl) custody on Oct 2014. Due to some of her financial problem going on 2016 she sent her daughter to her husband and now they are not returning her back. She is filing case against him....but the lawyer she hired is asking for copy of address proof which were enclosed at the time of divorce. She has shifted her house from there long back and gave lawyer the new/current address proof.
As lawyer is saying that previous address proof is necessary to file her petition.
Please advise is this is correct because it will be a fresh petition for child custody what she will be filing now.

Kind regards

Showing 4 of 4 Responses

A. you should have some I/Ds,if you don't have, then apply to SDM office for the same. the same address can be given to your advocate. For details, pl. contact some family advocate through

Rajender Prasad

Experience: 5 Year(s)

Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Madam,
Each lawyer will have his own strategy and he never work against his client's interest. If it was filed in Divorce case then ask your lawyer to get the same from that file.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Experience: 33 Year(s)

Responded 7 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. The last resided address along with current address has to be mentioned.moreover have faith in your lawyer only then he will take proper interest in your case

Nirmal Chopra

Experience: 20 Year(s)

Responded 7 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. It is better to consult a senior lawyer from Vidhikarya panel for second opinion. CA moved for amendment of petitioner change of residential address the original petition before the designated court.

Ambrose Leo

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 7 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here