Q.First party car Insurance

Q. First party car Insurance

Suraj Machaiah

I planned to sell my car as I wanted to buy a new one hence this was listed on OLX . I did find a buyer who agreed to pay 4.25lakhs for the car on a mutual agreement .The buyer agreed to pay 1 lakh on advance and the rest of the money after i give him all the transfer docs.I had to get the NOC from Madikeri RTO and the hypothication cancelled ,while waiting for the RTO transfer docs unfortunately my car met with an accident and the car was being driven by the buyers brother around April 12th. Now I have given a complete explanation to the claim officer at hdfc ergo who said I may not get the complete idv value of the car and might get only 70% of the idv. I am extremely dissatisfied with the time taken by hdfc and also the with the settlement amount that has been advised by the claim officer. Please let me know if I can take any action on hdfc .

A. Get issue legal notice

A. If you are not satisfied with the claim amount yiu may approach the consumer forum for this.

Mohd Imran

A. You are into a complex situation and any dispute will be not in your interest & claim as there are many issues & situation once a dispute is made the claim may be not be settled till disposal of the case.

A. File a suit against the bank at consumer forum.

NILANJAN CHATTERJEE

View {{count[3]}} Reply

Suraj Machaiah

Hi Nilanjan,

Are u sure we can do that ?? Because a couple of them has advised it is a complexed situation and it may not go in my favour however the question I have for you is the bank should have some clause on this mentioned in the insurance copy right ??