Q.Will of Property received from Husband from his will

Q. Will of Property received from Husband from his will

Anonymous

My Grandfather prepared his will (registered), where Grandmother was beneficiary. My grandmother prepared a will of all the properties (received as a part of the will of my grandfather/his husband), beneficiary is me. Title transfers to my grandmother have not been done till now. Is the will of my grandmother valid? Can she prepare a will for property received from his husband.

A. A WILL is an instrument by which property and other assets are transferred to the holder of the WILL or person mentioned there-under.
Since,your grandfather had made his will and made his wife (your grandmother) beneficiary, she gets the assets in her name on the execution of the will. Once, she gets the assets in her name, which is execution in Law, she can now make her own WILL and the same is valid in LAW.

Vedant Lakhotia

A. Dear, you have not clearly spoken about your problem. I have this question for you that what are you trying say by "title hasn't been yet transferred to grandmother"? See, if your grandmother is the beneficiary then she is capable of preparing a will by herself.

Purbasha Roy