Q.Outstanding dues unpaid despite repeated reminders

Q. Outstanding dues unpaid despite repeated reminders

I was engaged as a freelance consultant and they haven't yet paid completely the fee I invoiced them. Can I issue them a legal notice demanding payment? Repeated reminders have gone unresponded and its six months. Please advise.

A. dear client kindly issue legal notice through lawyer for demand pending payment .

Deepak Bade

A. Contact a local advocate from Vidhikarya for sending a Demand Notice for release of the amount for the services you provided them.

A. Dear Client,
Yes, you can definitely send a legal notice mentioning your demand to pay the remaining fee.

Kumar Karan Agrawal

A. dear sir, you can demand your dues/payment by sending a legal notice .for details, please contact an advocate through voidhikarya.com

A. Dear Mr Dutta,
You can definitely send a legal notice to them, if they have not yet paid the consultation fees completely. They have not yet received the payment from their client is not an excuse for them to hold your fees, unless you have previously agreed for the same. You should send a legal notice to them at the earliest possible demanding your remuneration. For more information, you should contact a good legal practitioner from the Vidhikarya platform based in Delhi / NCR.

Gopal Bansal

A. Dear client
Of course you can send legal notice.

VIMAL K MISHRA

A. Yes you can send them a legal notice but before doing that you should find out the reason for not paying. Sometimes it happens that they hold the payment for want of more info or delivery or due to breach of any terms of contract or engagement. If you have delivered what you were supposed to deliver then go ahead and send them a legal notice.

View {{count[6]}} Replies

Vishal Dutta

They haven't received the consultation fee from their client. And I have contested that as my contract was not with their client but them. Its all recorded in an email. Delivery and quality isn't the cause

Ok, then you certainly have a point here and you should go for a legal notice. Let me know in case you want any my services to send them a legal notice.

Vishal Dutta

Thanks Mr.Shandilya. I could use your services. Do you practice in Delhi NCR? I am in Delhi and so is the company (regd. in Delhi)

Legal Notice can be sent from anywhere and by any lawyer It is better to get it done by the lawyer where you are from as this will help you in future in case you plan to sue them and engage the same lawyer.

Deepak Panjwani

Dear Client,
You can send a legal notice and if even that does not work, u can file a money suit.

A. Sir, Yes you can send them a legal notice for the recovery of the amount for the services you provided them.

Meenakshi Garg

View {{count[7]}} Replies

Vishal Dutta

Thanks Ms.Garg. I am looking for a firm or an individual who can help me through the process. Would you or your firm be able to help? Or could you please direct me to a colleague you recommend? I am a resident of Delhi NCR and so is the company (registered in New Delhi).

Meenakshi Garg

Yes sir, I am a Delhi based Advocate so I can help you in sending them a legal notice or for any other legal services.

Meenakshi Garg

Sir, to consult me you have to take my number from Vidhikarya.

Vishal Dutta

I have posted my requirement on the Vidhikarya and in the process of reviewing the quotes for service. If you can respond to it, it will help me decide. Thanks!