Q. child custody

can father get 8 years old girl child custody after divorce

Yes, it all depends upon welfare of the child which will be considered by the Court.

A. Dear Client.
Have a look to the following:
The matrimonial Courts have been empowered under the matrimonial enactments to decide such questions and pass orders relating to custody, education and maintenance of the children from time to time.
The doctrine of the best interest of the child is a widely recognized principle in child right protection. This legal principle largely applies in relation to family affairs; in particular, in disputes concerning custody, guardianship, maintenance, adoption, etc of the child.
Section 26 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 deals with Custody of Children.
Section 38 of the Special Marriage Act, 1954 deals with custody of Children (Court marriage or couple from different faith)
Section 41 of the Divorce Act,1869 deals with custody of children for the couple following Christian faith.
In case of any assistance schedule a telephonic consultation with me through vidhikarya.com

A. It will be dependent on circumstanceal. May be