Q.Signed a bond to ensure that I will do job for One year.

Q. Signed a bond to ensure that I will do job for One year.

Dear sir, i signed a bond to ensure that I will do job at a particular company. But due to family problems iam unable to do so. When I ask for my certificates,they are demanding 1 lakh rupees else to do job one year as agreed. But the main problem is financial crisis. So, please Suggest me a legal way to get my certificates without paying anything.

A. Dear Client,
Serve a Notice ( either 1 month or 3 months) according to your Contract to leave the job.
The Notice has to be in person as well as by SPEED Post and retain the acknowledgement receipt as a documentary evidence.When you will leave the job ask for your certificates.If you do not get at that point of time get in touch with me through vidhikarya.com immediately.

Responded 5 days ago

It is like retaining dead body by the hospital for not paying the hospital bills. It is cruel method and not allowed by courts. You may approach any advocate.

Responded 5 days ago

A. In bond agreement u have notice period in agreement clause. Please follow it .

Responded 5 days ago

A. Sir, According to your query, Employment bonds are legal in India as the employer uses his resources to train the employee. However the courts are also of the view that "Restriction clauses provided in such bonds are generally overlooked by the employees. At the time of the agreement, the employee may have given little thought to the restriction because of his eagerness for a job, such contracts tempt improvident persons, for the sake of present gain, to deprive themselves of the power to make future acquisitions, and expose them to imposition and oppression." Having that said, Your company must be having a notice period which you need to give before resigning. Generally the notice period does not exceed a period of 3 months. In my opinion do serve your company the proper notice period time. After which you will not be liable to pay even one penny to the company. If even after that they do not give your documents then you can look for proper legal help as you have fulfilled all the criteria including the service of notice period before termination of employment.

Hope this helped.

Shreyash Mohta.

Responded 5 days ago