Q. Mr. Vamsi Rao

1. I have an 1500sft 3 bedroom apartment in a complex of 10 biuldings ( 1000 Flats ) which I have given to person who has IT software engineers as PG.
2. They boys are model tenants and there has been no issues to date.
3. The Builder designated this building as Vegetarian block. The Residents are now checking home delivary boys from SWiggy , Zomoto and others to see if any nonveg food ordered and then sending them away if items like biryani is there.
4. Some residents are also harsing me by emails to vacate the flat as its illegal to rent for PG. Being a 3 BD flat there are very few families who can afford the 30000 rent.
Query :
1. Is it legally tenable to designate a building as vegetarian block and stop people from eating chicken.
2. Is it illegal for me to rent flat for PG

It is illegal to designate any building as vegetarian block. Further you are not running any PG centre but only rented out to bachelors which cannot be obstructed by anybody. Get issue a Legal Notice and make them no that the issue will be put on social channels since the matter is very sensitive in respect of beliefs of people and sentiments of the people which attracts criminal offences.

A. U can file writ petition against them immediately for violation of right to privacy

Responded 1 week ago