Q. Advice

Anonymous

I am from Punjab and I am a truck owner operating through Truck Union which was registered as a Truck operators Welfare Society last year.The chairman or the president of the society have not given any information on the funds collected and where they have used. Can I file an RTI Application of the same and if so with which department? If Not What action can I take against the society demanding them to show the use of the funds of the society. Thanks!!

A. Dear Sir/Mam,
RI means right to information from public information officers.
If your society is registered, then you can file an RTI with the PIO otherwise you have to retort to other options.

Vedant Lakhotia

A. Yes, you can file the RTI. As has rightly been said by Mr Nirmal Chopra that, it (RTI) should be filed to the Public Information Officier, Registrar, where such Truck Union has been registered.

Mohit Sharma

A. U can give them a legal notice asking for details as desired and stated in the query. If you don't receive a reply or no satisfied with the reply you can then make complaint to registrar of societies if the Union is duly registered. The registrar of his subordinates duly authorized can demand requisite information

Nirmal Chopra