Q.Police loses or damaged a complaint with PS

Q. Police loses or damaged a complaint with PS

Anonymous

Hi,
Please confirm the action/process to be taken against the erring police officials who lost / damage my complaint i.e. received by them.
I sent rti to know the status of DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ received with the police.
Reply received that DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ is pending for enquiry with the S.I. AA of the P. S. and status under section 8 (1) cannot be provided to me.
Then i filed appeal but it was also dismissed.
Then I filed again RTI for the copies of the complaint i.e. DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ and this time i received the calls from the P.S. that i need to submit the copies of the above mentioned DD nos. when i denied the same.
I received the reply of the RTI where now police make back flip and reply that DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, is paid available but DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ is not available with the P.S. as on date ZZZZ last DD no. is BB.
Now please suggest that in one rti police is admitting of having 3 complaints and those are pending but in next RTI they denied of receiving 3rd complaint.
Whereas i am having the received copy of DD no. Z with me, with stamp of Police station on it.
Hence, please suggest the action / process to file complaint against the erring officials who supplied the wrong status in RTI and for those who missed / lost /damage my complaint in collusion with the opposite party.

A. If you approach the High Court it will pass strictures directly or ask the Police Department to initiate departmental enquiry.

A. Dear Sir/Mam,
You need to file a complaint before the higher authorities mentioning the details of he matter along with copies of the RTI filed by you and the answers received and keep an acknowledgement of he same.
After a reasonable tome period of say 15 to 20 days of making the complaint you can ask for an update of the same.
In case you still do not receive a satisfactory response or no response at all then you can file a complaint before the CJM with all the particulars.

Vedant Lakhotia

A. in this case you need to send a copy of such along with a detailed but short description of the matter and send that to the Commissioner of police by post or in person. Then you can make a complaint before the Chief Judicial Magistrate for negligence of police officials.

NILANJAN CHATTERJEE