Q. Minor accident

Anonymous

I got involved in a minor accident a month back. We were driving our car and by mistake while crossing road a speeding motor bike hit us and he fell down. There was a old lady in the bike who was injured as well. We then took them to hospital and in hospital doctor said it was just minor injuries and not so serious and treated them. We also paid the necessary compensation for that, however they made us to write a letter stating the same. we wrote that we paid so much amount and settled, and if in case there are any further problem they can reach us . We just wanted to leave the scene as there were too many people in the place. Now after a month they are calling and asking for more money stating that there is more to pay or they ll file a case. I asked them to go a head with filling a case and we ll deal if they file and I blocked the number.they tried reaching from different number but I didn't pick the call. Kindly let me know on actions to be taken from our side.Questions from my side are
1.Should I have to take some precautionary steps like take bail in advance and will I be able to??
2.I felt that I have no other choice to face this legally. is this the right way now?
3.will they be able file and proceed a case in this matter?
Some other details : my vehicle is a TN registration and the accident happened somewhere in Karnataka close to Mysore road

A. let us know whether any receipt of compensation paid to them is with you or hospital records of the victim treated in the hospital iun connection with that accident

A. Kindly contact with vidhikarya lawyer for proper legal advise.

Deepak Bade

A. U need not worry.let them file case.U mus keep all papers safe.If at all any case is filed against u,it will be bailable and fine provision.

Ved prakash Shaw

The answers as follows:

Ans: It is bailable offence i.e. 279 and 337. IPC. You just admit the guilt and pay maximum fine of Rs. 1500/-. Nothing will happen. Coming to the question compensation, a separate case called Motor Vehicle compensation case is to be filed by them then your Insurance company will be liable to pay such amount as may be decided by the court.
Ans: Nothing will happen, just face legally.

3.will they be able file and proceed a case in this matter? Some other details : my vehicle is a TN registration and the accident happened somewhere in Karnataka close to Mysore road.
Ans: Nothing will happen and if your vehicle is insured then it is ok. If not you take defence that you have already paid sufficient compensation.

A. Come on paid consultation

A. No need to worry. They are just playing to extract some more money from your. Please check whether your insurance policy is valid at the time of Accident . So if they file a case for compensation insurance company will pay the amount on behalf of you.

Regards

Rajeev
RJ Associates
Trivandrum

Rajeev RJ