Q. Share market

Can practicing Advocate open Demate account to buy/sell shares & do it ?

A. For investment, yes.

ARPIT BATRA

A. Honest answer is yes. Any one can open demat account for invest money.even i have demat account as well.

Deepak Bade

A. No where it is defined that for an individual share trading is a business. No. 2 we all are free to invest in shares of the companies and create wealth for ourselves. That means even Advocate can do that. Not only that an advocate can also invest in partnership or any company's shares as promoter or founder but the important point is that the Practicing advocate cannot take any executive or managerial role and definitely no salary or remuneration at all. So you can be part of a business through shareholding (sleeping partner) but cannot be part of the operations or running of the business.

A. Some are giving wrong guidance. I have a totally different opinion, he can do it for himself. It is investment, not business.

Prabhakara S K Shetty

View {{count[3]}} Replies

Asif Asf

Respective Sir,
Thanks for your answer.
Sir can I get any citation for the same ?
Or Some names of Advocate who do buying/ selling of shares in NSE, BSE ?
Because I had called to bar council of Gujrat to confirm it but they told read the etiquecy rules in Advocate act & if it is permissible in the rule then you can do but not giving specific answer in yes or no.

Prabhakara S K Shetty

A citation comes in when some one goes to Court on this on Bar Council objecting to such activity, What I say is that it is only investing. What you cannot do is earning commission by trading for others.

A. Yes

A. By advocate Rameshwor dadhe dear sir yes . It is not any buissnes it's only investment

A. Yes you can do that .

Rajeev RJ

A. Yes

Manjula Shanmugasundaram

View {{count[7]}} Reply

Asif Asf

Respective Madam,
Thanks for your answer. Sir can I get any citation for the same ? Or Some names of Advocate who do buying/ selling of shares in NSE, BSE ? Because I had called to bar council of Gujrat to confirm it but they told read the etiquecy rules in Advocate act & if it is permissible in the rule then you can do but not giving specific answer in yes or no.