Q. Police fir

Prakash R

One month back,My parked vehicle met with accident while opening door of car, the third party had minor injury, I took them to hospital and were treated, police complaint was not filed, I reported insurance company for my motor claim, and mentioned no third party claim , but now the third party is saying that he could not attend the job and needs some wage compensation, question: now can I file police complaint and claim with insurance company?

A. Hi,
You have a difficult situation,by not following the regular procedure in ordinary course.You have acted to protect your interest,now the injured person claims for wage compensation is not fulfilled at liberty take any course like Fir. legal notice ,etc,better to consult an expert Lawyer quickly to save further liabilities.

A. There are two types of complaints that can be lodged with insurance company:
1. Own damage and (This is filed by the Owner)
2. Third party damage. (This is filed by the third party)
As per your post you have lodged an Own damage claim.
Now as per your second part:
"now can I file police complaint and claim with insurance company"
This question is abnormal in nature as because those who meet with accident, file case against the owner and Insurance company after lodging FIR and these types of cases are called MAC cases.
Why do you want to file FIR and against whom?
Please answer to get professional advice.

Vedant Lakhotia

A. Sir,
Any vehicle accident to be informed and registered FIR by the police.Through the FIR insurance can be claimed.So it is better to file FIR and get "AIR" ie.... wound certificate from the hospital.

Johnson Thangiah

A. Has you first claim already been paid to you? If yes then you can not claim once again. If not then you may request for amendment in your claim and it all depends on the insurance company to honour that claim or not.
Even after the claim has been paid you may try to lodge and FIR but then it will become a MACC case and it will take a longer time for you (the third party) to receive the compensation. Its not that within few days he/she will be getting the compensation. So, think about it.